The following lessons are available to view:
Protective Coatings Applicator - Surface Preparation - Needle GunNEEDLE GUN HAND AND POWER TOOL EQUIPMENT SURFACE PREPARATION
To understand why and where a needle gun is used as a method of surface preparation on steel structures.
- Classified as an impact tool.
- Limited use due to vibration action.
- Low-level vibration tools available.
- Used for removing coatings and surface preparation.
Protective Coatings Applicator - Coating Types - Single and Two Part MaterialsSINGLE AND TWO PART MATERIALS COATING TYPES
To understand the difference between single and two-part coating materials by the protective coatings applicator.
- The protective coating applicator will generally apply one and two-part coatings.
- Three-part products are also available.
Inspection & Engineering - ICorr Level 2 - Metallic Coatings - Thermal Metal Spray for Corrosion ProtectionTHERMAL METAL SPRAY FOR CORROSION PROTECTION METALLIC COATINGS
The objective of this training unit is to give a comprehensive review of thermal spray metal coatings used for corrosion protection.
The unit will detail how thermally sprayed materials such as aluminium and zinc will protect steel substrates from corrosion.
Abrasive Blast Cleaning - Introduction - Mill ScaleMILL SCALE INTRODUCTION
The objective to this training unit is to gain a basic understanding of how mill scale is formed and the importance of its removal during abrasive blast cleaning.
- The abrasive blast cleaning operator will undoubtedly see mill scale during their duties.
- The most effective method to mechanically remove mill scale is with abrasive blast cleaning.
Abrasive Blast Cleaning - Introduction - Mechanical Blast Cleaning EquipmentMECHANICAL BLAST CLEANING EQUIPMENT INTRODUCTION
The objective to this training unit is to gain an understanding of mechanical surface preparation using centrifugal blast cleaning equipment.
- Centrifugal blast cleaning equipment is widely used to blast clean structural steelwork.
- Centrifugal blast cleaning is a method of surface preparation widely used by steel shops, fabrication facilities, shipyards etc.
Spray Painting - Introduction - Paint Application (Introduction)PAINT APPLICATION (INTRODUCTION) INTRODUCTION
The objective of this training unit is to gain an understanding of how liquid paints are applied.
- There are numerous suppliers of paints and coatings around the globe.
- Predominantly paints and coatings are made in liquid form.
- The liquid consists of volatile and non-volatile contents.
Spray Painting - Introduction - Coating Types and SystemsCOATING TYPES AND SYSTEMS INTRODUCTION
The objective of this training unit is to understand the basic constituents and properties of coatings used for corrosion control and gain an insight into coating systems.
- Coatings are the most widely used method of protecting steel structures from corrosion.
Inspection & Engineering - ICorr Level 3 - Corrosion, Cathodic Protection and Coatings - Cathodic Protection and CoatingsCATHODIC PROTECTION AND COATINGS CORROSION, CATHODIC PROTECTION AND COATINGS
The objective of this training unit is to review the effects of cathodic protection on paint coatings.
Inspection & Engineering - ICorr Level 3 - Soluble Salts - Soluble SaltsSOLUBLE SALTS
The objective of this unit is to provide an understanding of how soluble salts affect protective coatings and how to avoid coating failure.
Coating Surveys - Testing of Paint Properties and Performance - Testing of Paint Properties and Performance - Part 1LABORATORY AND FIELD TESTING PAINT TESTING
The objective of this training unit is to give an overview of some of the main laboratory paint tests conducted along with a few field tests such as wet and dry film thickness and external exposure evaluation.